Thursday, December 1, 2011

December Featured Cardie ~ Michelle Price

Please welcome this month's featured cardmaker...from Idaho, USA...Michelle!

Michelle has kindly answered a few questions for us...

*How long have you been making cards?
I was introduced to cardmaking by my future sis-in law when I was 20 and thought 'Boy - what an old lady thing to do'. I humored her and tried it and have been going steady ever since for over 10 years.

*Can you describe your cardmaking style?
I guess it would be vintage chic. I love old stuff and like distressing but I can usually stop myself with just a few layers.

*Where do you find your inspiration?
I love the Melissa Frances blog. The altered projects they post are gorgeous. I also love finding a paper that inspires me and I go crazy until every scrap is used. And of course...Pinterest.

*What embellishments and techniques do you love to use?
I love old looking buttons and lace and anything with an office theme. And I'm an inker - everything gets inked. I tend to do a lot of fussy cutting when I find a paper I love.

*What is your favorite colour combination?
I'm kind of loving pink and yellow right now, but my favorites change weekly!

*What other paper crafts do you enjoy doing?
I also scrapbook, but hate to make mini albums. I just never know what to do with them when they are done! In my non-paper life, I like to sew and read good books.

and now..please check out some of Michelle's gorgeous cards here:

Well thanks so much for sharing Michelle, we hope to see more of your work as a guest DT member for some of the Nook's December card challenges

Best Wishes,
Gina x

4 comments:

Carol said...

so nice to meet you Michelle!!! such cute cards, thanks for sharing them with us ;)

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Lovely cards, Michelle!
And thank you for letting us know some more about you. Can't wait to see more!

Jessy Christopher said...

Glad to know you better, Michelle! Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

Andrea Amu said...

Congrats, Michelle!
Wonderful grouping of card creations!