Sunday, December 4, 2011

December Technique Challenge

Have you girls noticed all the beautiful packaging that manufacturers are using these days????
Have you used it to your advantage???
I'm sure these ideas won't be brand new to some of you, but I thought it would be fun to show some ways that you can put that awesome packaging to good use.

Today I've got the entire package from the brads that came in your kit, along with the backing of the button package from the add ons.

 
Lets start with the brad package.  
I'm going to create a fun little teacher or neighbor gift using a cookie cutter and your favorite sugar cookie recipe.  You'll also need a tag for your recipe, a tag off the chipboard set and some ribbon.
I took 2 different kinds of sprinkles (pearls/red sugar) and bagged them up and stuffed them in the clear case so they looked nice from the front.
 Then adhere that back onto the backing with glue or staples.  Put your recipe on the tag and then tie it all up including your cookie cutter and smaller tag with pretty ribbon.  I'll use the chipboard tag for my recipients name.  Also added a few jewels to spruce up the recipe a bit.  See?  Fun little gift right!
 For this next package I'll be making a layout.  I started by tying some red twine to the hole at the top and then layering some tissue and my picture.   This tag didn't quite rip off cleanly but that doesn't bother me.  Most of it gets covered up and I like the bit of distressing that it adds to my layout.  So don't be too concerned if some of the colors rip off when you open it up ;)
 I stuffed in a few die cut snowflakes at the edges of my picture/mat.  Used lots of the little dots off the chipboard set and a few small layers of paper.  I tend to keep things pretty simple so I stuck with my layers and a fun sprinkling of snowflakes.  I used my slice to cut my title.  Love how the packaging adds such a fun bold frame to my layout.
So if you haven't already noticed these little gems in your kit hopefully this will inspire you to see them in a new light.  The package of jewels also has a lovely background ;)

My challenge to you is to do something with your packaging this month.  Be sure to link them up here or on the message board.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Thanks for looking
Carol ;)

5 comments:

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Ooh, LOVE these gorgeous projects, Carol!!

Nicole Nowosad said...

Love this idea!!!

Pam said...

You are genius! Love LOVE these!

Nitasha said...

Awesome projects! I love Crate Paper and the fact that every single inch of their product is useable! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Gorgeous! what a great idea:)