Saturday, April 21, 2012

april one page layout class

Hi everyone, I'm here with a one page layout class today and I've used the gorgeous Crate Paper Story Teller line in this month's kit along with a few other products which I've listed a bit further on....

here are the kit items I've used to create the layout..including tags, paper strips/scraps and chipboard frame..


I've used the 'generations' paper for the background and cut out two pieces/tags each from the 'tag cuts' and 'accent cuts' papers.. Ideally one of the tags should have a picture and you'll see why below..

other materials used:
  • buttons
  • mist/paint/spray ink (I used Studio Calico 'pony' mister huey)
  • stencil/template (I used Crafter's Workshop 'harlequin')
  • stamp (woodgrain, text or other)
  • gesso
  • ink
  • thread
So to start off I've altered the background a bit using the spray ink and template.. then cut a section of the 'notes' piece just under the woodgrain curved piece so that it sits on top of the photo..then I've stuck down the tags as shown below..

'

next, I've slipped in the paper strips and photo.. and added the altered chipboard frame and a few buttons..


for the chipboard frame, I've first given it a coat of gesso and then inked it with some distress stain ink.. once dry, I've stamped onto it using a Unity Stamp Co woodgrain stamp in a darker brown ink.. if you don't have a woodgrain stamp, a script/text would also work well..


to finish the layout, I've added in some a title, 'here' sticker and hand journaling..


here's the finished layout..


I hope you feel like creating something using tags and an altered chipboard frame..it's a great way to make a little feature on your layout and along with the buttons add some texture..

thanks so much for stopping by!
Gina

1 comments:

Linda Eggleton said...

Looks fantastic Gina. Will try to give it a go if I can find a spare 5 minutes...lol